Details of Masters Programs
Internships & Jobs
- Admission decisions will be made twice per year: once in the spring semester for entry during the following fall semester, and once in the fall semester for entry during the following spring semester.
- The applicant must send a completed Graduate College application, a $40.00 application fee, two official transcripts from each University or College attended, and the official score of the Graduate Record Examination to the Graduate College. The applicant must also submit a letter that identifies his or her major and possible areas of research at the MAGeo or M.S. levels and also arrange for two letters of recommendation. The letter of application and letters of recommendation must be sent directly to the Graduate College.
- Students seeking admission to the MAGeo program must have at least a 3.2 grade-point average during their last sixty hours of undergraduate course work before the bachelor's degree and must have the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score on file in the Graduate College, with a preferred score of 300 (verbal and quanitative combined) prior to review for admission.
- Students seeking admission to the M.S. program must have at least a 3.4 GPA during their last sixty hours of undergraduate course work before the bachelor's degree and must have the GRE score on file in the Graduate College, with a preferred score of 303 (verbal and quantitative combined)prior to review for admission.
- The above material must be received no later than October 15 for admission in the following spring, and May 1 for admission in the following fall.
- The Graduate Committee makes admission recommendations on each applicant. In deciding on whether any applicant is to be admitted, the Committee will take into consideration the current size of the program, the applicant's academic record and academic potential (including the GRE and GPA), the applicant's proposed research area or topic, and the degree to which members of the Graduate Faculty in the Department support the application.
- Students who are admitted but do not enroll at the expected time without notifying the Graduate Coordinator and the Graduate College by the end of the appropriate registration period must re-apply to the program following the above procedure should they desire to begin the program at a later date.