Texas Map Contest
Texas ArcGIS Online Map Contest 2018
With skill, passion, and analysis, high school and middle school students are exploring their world and creating interesting map products with ArcGIS Online. Esri challenges US students to create and share maps about something in their home states, striving to be among the best in the school, state, and nation. Esri's 2018 ArcGIS Online US School Competition is open to high school ("HS," gr.9-12) and middle school ("MS," gr.4-8) students in the US who can analyze, interpret, and present data via an ArcGIS Online web app or story map.
Optional mentor review deadline: April 2 at 8 am CST
Final maps are due: May 4 at 5 pm CST
1. Apply for an Esri ArcGIS Online school organization account.
2. Register your school for the 2018 contest.
3. Conduct the contest. You decide how to do this on your campus. It may be a class activity or extracurricular activity. Students may participate individually or in pairs. Maps MUST support the theme: "Texas Water" to be eligible.
4. Submit the maps for a mentor review by April 2. (Submission link to come)
5. Make changes and submit the maps for final judging by May 4. (Submission link to come)
6. The top 5 maps in each division are awarded a $100 Amazon gift card.
7. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.