TAGE has three types of these oversized vinyl floor map that you can rent for one week (for schools) to three weeks (for districts). Each map comes with a trunk of resources. The TAGE Giant Map includes manipulatives for the TAGE Handbook. The NGS Giant Map includes manipulatives for the NGS Handbook. However, most lessons can be used with either map and many of the same manipulatives are in both trunks.
For 2017-18, we do not currently have grant funding to offset the shipping charges. Rental may cost $100. We will notify you of costs this summer. The cost will NOT be more than $100 per rental.
Also, priority is given to districts sharing the map with multiple schools within their district. A district rental is for three weeks class time, with shipping time before and after.
How do I use the Giant Traveling Map at my school?
- 1. Review the maps and decide which one fits best.
- 2. Determine which schools will host the map and the top three preferred dates.
- 3. Reserve the map.
- 4. Review and prepare instructional materials.
- 5. Receive the trunk from UPS, FedEx , or pick it up.
- 6. Take care of the map.
- 7. Return the map.
- 8. Complete the online report form.